When it comes to understanding government funding, there is a lot of “the unknown” that small business owners find themselves stuck with. We here at AustraliaStartups try to eliminate some of those if not all of the unknowns as much as we can through services such as our funding application review service.
If you’re a registered member of AustraliaStartups you most likely have taken advantage of this member only service when applying to government funding for your own small business.
To explain a little bit more:
Once you have used our Funding Database to search through the hundreds of government funding sources, and picking the government grants, loans or tax break programs that seem to be right for your business, the next step is to actually apply to the funding programs.
This is where a lot of entrepreneurs simply make mistakes and end up getting denied funding – especially due to mistakes of the funding application which could have been avoided.
Using our government funding application review service helps both new entrepreneurs and existing small business owners.
The way it works is simple as long as you follow these few steps:
- Complete your business plan using our Business Plan Builder Tool
- Request your business plan review from our business plan experts
- Explore government funding programs using our Funding Database
- Try the applications yourself and ensure you complete as much as possible
- Log in to our Startup Portal and use the Ask an Expert Program to request your funding application review service
The next steps:
- Our funding experts will review your “attempted or completed” funding application and provide feedback
- Once you’ve had a second chance to implement feedback or recommendations we suggested, you will be asked to send your application and apply.
Applying to funding can take between a week to up to 6 months or more, depending on the funding program.
Our funding application review service has shown to help our members by ensuring that simple mistakes are avoided, that you are applying to the correct program for your small business and for the right purpose. We also ensure that you are meeting the criteria set by the funding agency and that you have provided all materials asked in order to complete the funding application successfully.
To take advantage of the funding application review service and start to apply for your own small business, join our Small Business Startup Portal now.